LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (Dec. 2, 2004)– Disney today announced an innovative new ticket plan – “Magic Your Way” – that allows Walt Disney World guests to create their own tickets for a customized vacation.
Starting Jan. 2, guests at Walt Disney World Resort will be able to purchase tickets to the various theme parks, attractions and other entertainment offerings that are tailored to the length of their vacation and the interests of their group – and allow them to save more per day based on their length of stay.
“Whether ordering a computer, a car or a cup of coffee, people want things customized to fit their individual needs,” said Walt Disney World President Al Weiss. “And now Walt Disney World guests will have that same ability to customize their dream vacation, creating the ticket that is just right for them.”
And because “Magic Your Way” tickets offer savings that increase with the length of stay, a weeklong Walt Disney World vacation becomes even more affordable.
“Recent research shows that longer vacations are high on the wish list for families,” Weiss said. “With so much to see and do at Walt Disney World, guests want to take a week to experience it all, at their own pace. With this new plan they can – and at more affordable prices that reward more leisurely stays.
“Simply put,” he said, “the more you play, the less you pay, per day.”
Under this new program, a family of four will be able to enjoy a six-night/seven-day Walt Disney World vacation – including a stay at an on-property Disney hotel with theme park tickets – for as little as $1,500.
Even More Choices: Disney Resorts, Benefits
Staying in the “middle of the magic” at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel has always been the best and most relaxing way to enjoy a Walt Disney World vacation. And now Disney hotel guests get great new benefits, too, including more time in the parks and a convenient and affordable dining plan:
- Extra Magic Hours: Each day the gates of one of Disney’s magical theme parks open one hour early or stay open three hours later so Disney Resort hotel guests can enjoy select attractions. (A valid theme park ticket and Resort ID are required.)
- Disney Dining Plan: Disney hotel guests who want the convenience of a more-inclusive “cruise-style” vacation can purchase the “Magic Your Way” Package Plus Dining. For each night of their resort stay guests can enjoy two meals and a snack at more than 100 select restaurants throughout the Walt Disney World parks and hotels.
With more than 20 uniquely themed Disney Resorts – Value, Moderate, Deluxe and Disney Vacation Club – Walt Disney World offers accommodations for every taste and budget. Now that a longer Disney vacation has become even more affordable, Disney Resort guests will be able to enjoy their hotel like never before – spending quality “R & R” hours between park visits, whether it’s pool time, a quick nap, shopping or meals.
Happiest Celebration on Earth
New values and benefits come at a perfect time, as Walt Disney World prepares to launch the Happiest Celebration on Earth, marking 50 years of Disney theme park magic since Disneyland opened in 1955.
Beginning May 5, 2005, Walt Disney World is importing attractions from Disney parks around the globe to mark the occasion:
- At Disney-MGM Studios, a high-octane stunt show filled with speeding cars, motorcycles and jet skis comes direct from Disneyland Resort Paris.
- At Epcot, a soaring adventure over California comes from Disneyland Resort.
- At Magic Kingdom, a magical, musical “Cinderellabration” takes its cue from the popular Tokyo Disney Resort show.
- And at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Lucky the dinosaur walks straight out of the secret labs of Walt Disney Imagineering.
“Magic Your Way” Easy to Book
Magic Your Way tickets go on sale beginning Jan. 2. Until then, guests can find more information at www.disneyworld.com. Also beginning Jan. 2, a new step-by-step, shopping cart-style process on disneyworld.com makes it easy to customize and book a dream Walt Disney World vacation. Or guests can contact 407 W-DISNEY or their travel agent to book the magic – their way.