Christine McCarthy, Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, The Walt Disney Company, participating in a question-and-answer session at the Bank of America Virtual 2020 Media, Communications & Entertainment Conference.
- changes in domestic and global economic conditions, competitive conditions and consumer preferences;
- adverse weather conditions or natural disasters;
- health concerns;
- international, regulatory, political, or military developments;
- technological developments;
- labor markets and activities; and
- and each such risk includes the current and future impacts of, and is amplified by, COVID-19 and related mitigation efforts.
- the performance of the Company’s theatrical and home entertainment releases;
- the advertising market for broadcast and cable television programming;
- demand for our products and services;
- expenses of providing medical and pension benefits;
- income tax expense;
- performance of some or all company businesses either directly or through their impact on those who distribute our products; and
- achievement of anticipated benefits of the TFCF transaction.