The tradition of creative storytelling has always been part of the fabric of Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW). Through the magic of Disney brands and franchises, DPW continues to deliver best-selling titles and unique reading experiences that span generations of readers.
DPW has upheld a reputation for offering readers around the world best-in-class content from best-selling authors. From favorite franchises including Disney Classics to new intellectual property (IP) including The Never Girls, DPW has its finger on the pulse of publishing, resulting in best-selling books week after week.
Most recently, Never Girls: In a Blink by Kiki Thorpe debuted at #4 on the middle grade list ofThe New York Times’ Best Sellers list. As Disney’s newest IP out of Publishing, it was an accomplishment we were especially proud of. Other noteworthy highlights I wanted to share include:
- DPW titles have spent a combined 1,848 weeks on the New York Times Best Sellers list to date!
- In 2012, 18 titles were included on The New York Times’ Best Sellers list, including eight debuts, four of which hit #1!
- Rick Riordan’s series continue to dominate the New York Times Best Sellers list: thePercy Jackson and the Olympians series has remained on the New York Times Best Sellers list for 283 weeks and counting; The Kane Chronicles series has spent a combined 158 weeks on the list; and The Heroes of Olympus series has spent a combined 168 weeks on the list.
- DPW regularly has titles on all four New York Times Children’s Best Sellers lists: Picture Books, Series, Middle Grade and Young Adult.
- Sofia the First, based on the Disney Junior movie with original illustrations, debuted on the New York Times Best Sellers list: Picture Books at #10.
- Mo Willems dominates the New York Times Picture Book list with 20 DPW best sellers to date!
As you can see, our books continue to bring joy to readers around the world with A-list authors and incredible content – it’s no surprise Disney Publishing is consistently on best-sellers lists! And with spring break just around the corner, you’ll have plenty of books to dive into – I know I’ll be picking up a best seller or two myself!